Türkiye’s planned ground operation against the terrorist groups in northern Syria can be launched anytime, Presidential Spokesperson Ibrahim Kalın said Tuesday.
Speaking during a televised interview on A Haber, Kalın said that Türkiye won’t get permission from anyone. “Operations can be done in different ways. It could be tomorrow, next week or anytime. Türkiye will determine the time, place and scope,” Kalın added.
“The Istiklal attack completely changed the process… No matter where it comes from, we continue to work to end this threat. Our operations will continue,” he warned.
Kalın also underlined that Türkiye’s three previous operations have prevented a terror corridor being established between northern Iraq and the Eastern Mediterranean.
“Our President (Recep Tayyip Erdoğan) has called for a safe zone for world leaders since the (former U.S. President Barack) Obama administration. If it had been a safe zone (30 kilometers deep), there would have been neither such migration nor terrorist attacks,” he said.
Türkiye is committed to destroying the PKK terrorist group until its last terrorist is eliminated, President Erdoğan said on Monday.
Read the full story on Daily Sabah