The goals of the partial mobilization in Moscow have been achieved in full and reservists’ visits to military offices on call-up notices are no longer required, Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin said on Monday.
“According to the information of the Moscow military commissar, the goals of the partial mobilization set pursuant to a presidential decree and mandated by the Defense Ministry have been achieved in full,” the mayor wrote on his blog.
Partial mobilization call-up offices are closing at 2:00 p.m. on October 17, Sobyanin added.
“The call-up notices sent out in the process of mobilization to the places of citizens’ residence and businesses cease to be in effect,” the Moscow mayor stressed.
Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier said that 222,000 reservists out of the planned figure of 300,000 had already been called up in the partial mobilization campaign in Russia and the remaining personnel would be mobilized in the next two weeks.